2.04.2009

a quick 5

The list idea got me thinking of another list exercise.  Participate if you'd like.  In the movie, High Fidelity, they are constantly doing these Top 5 lists.  I like the idea and use it to pass the time in the car with Dana when we have many miles to travel.  So here we go, Top 5 fringe characters on Seinfeld.

1.  Frank Costanza: Would you believe that when I was 14, I had a ssssssilver dollar collection?
2.  J. Peterman:  The very pants I was returning.
3.  David Putty:  High five.
4.  Mr. Bookman:  Let me tell you something, joy boy...
5.  Kenny Banya:  Gold, Jerry.  Gold!


1 comment:

Ben said...

You’ve got a great top 5 up there. I literally had to sleep on this one, but here goes:

1) Frank Costanza (“We’re gone for two days and you turn this house into Bourbon Street?”)
2) J. Peterman (“I don’t think I’ll ever be able to forget Suzie. And most of all, I will never forget that one night. Working late on the catalogue. Just the two of us. And we surrendered to temptation. And it was pret-ty good.”) (incidentally the real J. Peterman lives just outside of Lexington)
3) Newman (Jack Black in High Fidelity might have something to say to me along the lines of “Very safe, very pussy!” for this one, but I love him)
4) George Steinbrenner (“I smell Paisano’s! Costanza is in the building!”)
5) Jackie Chiles (“Lewd, lascivious, salacious…outrageous!”)

Honorable mentions: Kramer’s friend Mike (“Aw that Michael Jordan, he’s so phony!”); Jack Klompus; Mr. Pitt; Morty and Helen Seinfeld; Lloyd Braun; the Mandelbaum Family; Bob and Ray, the intimidating homosexuals; and Tim Whatley

I love Bookman (“Or maybe that’s how you get your kicks, you and your good-time buddies!”), but the fact that he’s only in one episode downgrades him slightly.