10.08.2009

A Tag about Us

Thanks to my old friend Camille, I've finally been tagged! How thrilling. I like tagging mainly because it gives me something to write about without having to come up with it on my own. How pathetic is that? I guess at the end of a long work day, answering random questions just sounds more fun. Thanks Camille! Here is some interesting and not so interesting trivia about Dana and Kent!

♥ What are your middle names?
Marie and Kent...Kent's first name is actually something else.

♥How long have you been together?
since April 2006, about 3 1/2 years

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating?
We didn't really know each other before we started dating. I thought he was cute, he asked me out, and we've been together ever since.

♥ Who asked who out?
Kent asked me out, but I may have given strong hints to friends of his that I wanted him to have my number...

♥ Who made the first move?
Kent

♥ How old are each of you?
We're both 28; we're literally a day apart in age.

♥ Did you go to the same school?
No.

♥ Are you from the same home town?
No.

♥ Who is the smartest?
Tricky...I always considered myself more grades and booksmart; but now that Kent has gone back to school, he's gaining on me. Now he's making all A's and reading new books while I continue to watch America's Next Top Model. Hmmmm

♥ Who majored in what?
Dana--English
Kent--Telecommunications and Film

♥ Who is the most sensitive?
Definitely me, but Kent has his moments. However, I'm the one who cries at the drop of a hat.

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple?
Lately it's been Sabor Latino, mexican at its finest and cheapest. Back in our Tuscaloosa days it would have been a three-way tie between Moe's, Mugshots, and The Waysider. Yum

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Vail, Colorado for a ski trip a few years back.

♥ Who has the worst temper?
I can flare up, but I'm going to say Kent.

♥ How many children do you want?
2 or 3.

♥ Who does the cooking?
I do most of the cooking unless we're grilling or it's spaghetti night. Kent makes a mean pasta sauce and is the master of the grill.

♥ Who is more social?
Kent. Kent. Kent.

♥ Who is the neat-freak?
Kent...although neither of us are really clean freaks, I've noticed that he pays more attention to things like that than I do.

♥ Who is the most stubborn?
Me

♥ Who wakes up earlier?
Kent...he can't sleep in. It's sad.

♥ Where was your first date?
Richard Coogan's house for a cookout.

♥ Who has the bigger family?
I used to think it was mine, but the longer we're together, the more family members I meet. So now, I think it's a draw.

♥ Do you get flowers often?
On special occasions

♥ How do you spend the holidays?
We spend one holiday with my family and one holiday with his. Then, we rotate the next year, and so on. We're currently on the same rotation as my brother, my cousin, and the Alabama/Auburn game, so the system works.

♥ Who is more jealous?
Me! But really, there's never a reason.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?
I would say about 3 months...the most serious was when I moved to Tuscaloosa, but I think we always knew that we were in this for good.

♥ Who eats more?
Depends on the food...

♥ What do you do for a living?
I'm a writer for a healthcare company; Kent works at a high school as their PR guy and is currently pursuing his education degree to teach high school English :)

♥ Who does the laundry?
Me

♥ Who’s better with the computer?
Kent

♥ Who drives when you are together?
Usually Kent...he claims I'm not a good driver. I'm a great driver, except when he's in the car. He's distracting :)

♥ What is "your" song?
I don't think we've ever officially decided this, but all signs are pointing to "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison. I don't know if this is a weird choice or not, but we both love it, it comes on at random times when we're together, and it was our last dance song at our wedding.

That was fun! I'm tagging Ashley, Lynn, Marj, and Ellen.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I'm so happy to see you writing something! And this was fun to read. Hope you're well!

Eating Cheetos said...

Thanks for tagging me! :)
Miss you!!

Lynn said...

Okay, I just sat here with Ben and read all the questions/answers to him while I died laughing--and he'd already read them today at work. This makes me miss you even though I just saw you. I guess that means you're very special:)