Ugh, I'm so disappointed in myself. I started out so strong, and then became a big fat quitter. Please forgive me faithful readers. There's just something about downloading pictures off my camera that makes me cringe. Too many cords and files with 15 numbers attached. Oh well....I've sucked up my loss to the 30 day picture challenge. Time to move on.
So, here's what's buzzing around in my brain lately. August is almost over! This brings joy to my heart for multiple reasons:
1. This summer has been miserably hot, and August is the crown jewel of summer heat. Over it.
2. I'm ready to embrace crisp fall air and cozy wardrobe. I know that technically, it won't be cool until at least October, but September means summer is officially over, and that's enough for me.
3. Only a few more weeks until football season!
4. September = birthday! :)
5. New nephew arrives in September
I've thrown myself back into reading and am currently enjoying/stressing out over
book titled Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. It's a cool book, but you never really know what's going on, or what's the truth. The narrator speaks like you do, but nope. You only know whatever she chooses to reveal--a little at a time. This is both annoying and intriguing....but mostly intriguing. I'm bad at describing plots, so I'll just refer you to the description on Amazon.com. I'm hesitant to recommend it at this point, since I'm not finished yet. But, as of right now, I say thumbs up, despite the mysterious tone that causes me constant anxiety as I read. Other items on my Must List right now:
- Project Runway - I'm loving this season so far.
- Mad Men - Duh.

- Pistol and Grits (aka, our dogs) - they crack me up and their little faces make me smile.

- Baja Burger - Kent and I recently discovered this gem of a burger joint where you can not only get curly fries, but also sweet potato fries AND onion rings! And the burgers are amazing with lots of variety

- Inception - still trying to decide about the ending. I'll leave it at that for those who haven't seen it yet.
- Crossword puzzles - I wish every day were Sunday

- Alabama Crimson Tide - new season is upon us. Getting ready for lots of fun and lots of nerves. Roll Tide!

Ok, I think I've exorcised the writer's block demon for now. Have a great weekend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment