Welcome back after a long lay-off. For those of you looking for a post from Dana these last months, rest assured her husband was right there with you. But I shall not sit silently by as the Crimson Tide takes the field and destroys the first of hopefully 3 orange-clad teams this year.
Things that have happened since the last post that I should mention before we get back to football:
-Dana and I have entered into marriage with much fanfare (Dana will post about it sometime next year)
-Dana moved into the house (she should also post about this because it was what she called "something that would happen on Felicity).
-My cousin and I built a shelter for my dogs (pictures, maybe soon?)
-We got a new 40-inch LCD High Def TV. It is sexy.
Ok, now. I had wanted to watch the DVR of the game, but of course it didn't get it. It was probably my fault. So, I don't have the benefit of going back to hear Kirk Herbstreit breakdown why we kicked their butts so thoroughly. But we did have the benefit of sitting 20 rows up on the 40-yd line (just another in the long line of lucky circumstances that get Dana and I to the best tickets available, usually free).
We dominated, and not in a braggy "we're never losing, we're the best!" kinda way. We were a manly team and they were not. I think any SEC team in the top half of the conference would have done that to them, I'm just glad it was us on ABC at the Dome in front of the nation. We looked like a Saban team. Mark Ingram looks like a Saban running back - not fancy, just solid and tough. Terrence Cody looks like Glenn Dorsey out there - always in the backfield disrupting and scaring the bejeezus out of the opposing QB. Our defense was so solid that it only allowed Thunder and Lightning 17 yards on the game. ON THE GAME!
What does all this mean? I feel better about taking a win off the Hawgs in 3 weeks and going into Georgia undefeated. I've said that UGA wouldn't kill us no matter what, and I still think they should beat us. But I'll put it this way: they are not going to overlook us now, good or bad. As a Bama fan, in the short term it is nice to sneak up on teams. But "the process" is about becoming a top-tier team. Southern Cal, Oklahoma, Florida, Ohio St (weak sauce) never sneak up on anyone to beat them, they just line up and beat them. That is what we did on Saturday. Nothing fancy about it. No gimmicks. We may get back to Atlanta, and that would be awesome, but right now it's just fun to turn some heads and be taken seriously for at least a couple of weeks.
Posts to come from Dana:
-the wedding
-moving in
-the MARTA fiasco after the game
Epilogue: the plant is not looking good, and the yard guy ran over it the other day because he didn't know it was a planted bush. I can't really blame him, it looked terrible.
We'll see you again soon, as soon as Dana's typing fingers heal. Until then, here's to you and yours.
1 comment:
enjoy these good vibes while they last cause the Cats are coming on Oct. 4! bwahahahaha
seriously though, what a game to be at. the acc--laughable, man.
Post a Comment