3.19.2009

A few thoughts and a score update



-I'm feeling a little better about my team (now officially named "Gentle's Giants") after this week.  My boys, Kris and Anoop showed they were more than just eye-candy and game-show contestants from movies, respectively.  Michael was my last pick, and I have not liked him from the start...but he does seem to be a good person (I saw a Kate Winslett-induced type tear in Dana's eye when he told the story about his daughter).  Along with my group "picking it up a notch" (Mandelbaum! Mandelbaum!), we had Dana's group (now officially called "'The Package Artists'"...and yes that's a quote within a quote. Sorry, Mr. McCarthy) slowly becoming average.  One of them even went home last night.

-Yes, the need for the extra quotation is because I was trying to help Dana name her team and suggested that one, and she said "But that sounds like I'm making fun of Kara."  To which I replied, "And..?"

-I know that if I was wondering if I was eliminated, I would not take any solace in the fact that one of the judges didn't know my name.  Really, Randy?! You call everybody "dawg" and "sweety" and now we know why.

-I made a score sheet for our little game, and Dana jazzed it up a little.  I'm on Spring Break, so I've got a lot of time on my hands.  And speaking of the score, before the first round I picked Michael to go home and Dana picked Anoop (and she felt bad for having no faith in him after he sang).  She switched her pick to Michael and I stuck with him too.  We were both wrong, so the judges awarded us no points and may God have mercy on our souls.

Score update: Gentle's Giants: 6; 'The Package Artists': 6

-Finally, we made our picks for the NCAA tourney.
Dana's Final Four - UNC, Pitt, Memphis and Louisville
Kent's Final Four - UNC, Villanova, Memphis, and Louisville

Ben and Lynn, we know this jeopardizes our friendship, but just know that we wished we could have picked the C-A-T-S! CATS! CATS! CATS!  March isn't the same without them.


2 comments:

Ben said...

Don't worry about it guys, the NIT has been fun so far.

my FF: UNC, UCONN, Nova and Wake

Ben said...

i see you guys started friday night lights...greatest tv show of the last few years, hands down. hope you enjoy it