Thanks to my friend Trey for the title of this blog post. During the pre-game at Bama football games in college, just after the national anthem when the crowd would be quiet, he'd yell something like that out always scoring a big laugh.
Well, it applies here because in the past week, I've gone undefeated as a Celtics fan, as a Jamboe captain, and as leader of Gentle's Giants the victorious American Idol challenge team.
The Celtics have shown a great amount of heart coming back from 12 down with 5 to play the other night, as well as a buzzer beater on Sunday on the road culminating in Big Baby Davis yelling into the crowd, "You better KNOW about me!!!"
The best moment though was when he cleared this kid out of the way. I think I rewinded it 4 times to watch it. Classic!
I must say though, I'm not one for posturing after a big TD or shot in a game, but I got pumped up about that. I prefer the Jordan in Game 1 understated fist pump as if to say, "I knew it all along." But occasionally, the theatrics (when done from a genuine place) are pretty cool.
With any luck, the Celtics close out tonight, just like...
Gentle's Giants had a big night when Kris Allen took the top spot of all the contestants whose names don't rhyme with Madame Scambert. Dana leapt up from the couch and jumped around when they announced Kris was in. I think she'd put our game aside at that point. But the game served its purpose and kept me interested in the show. Other things that kept me interested in American Idol this season:
-whether or not Simon would make anyone cry: he sort of made Lil cry.
-whether or not they would need to put the blur on Paula's cleavage at any point: no, but it's been close a few times, yeesh!
-if anyone would ever say anything negative to Adam: nope, Randy got close once.
Final Score of the Challenge:
The Package Artists: 239
Gentle's Giants: 252
So, here's to Gentle's Giants: you made me proud...


2 comments:
not so fast, my friend
I was sorry to see the Celtics lose last night, Kent. Sometime soon you should ask Ben about his magical jinxing ability. I think his post is to blame...
Post a Comment