Top 5 80s TV theme songs:
1. Cheers - simply the best
2. Miami Vice - I used to think this was the coolest show ever and when the music would come on. And then, my mom would dismiss me from the room because it was "inappropriate,"I would get so upset). One other thing: when we picked out Easter suits, I wanted a white one and a teal t-shirt under it.
3. Night Court - I know! The show wasn't that great, but the theme song was really good.
4. Growing Pains - this is always the first one anyone sings. Mention the show to someone, and they will sing "Show me that smile again..." to you every time.
5. Gummi Bears - nothing brought me more joy as a little kid than when I would hear this intro.
Side note - in listening to it now, I think about the guy who was singing this in the studio. He was probably a struggling musician of the 80s, trying to "make it." Then, he got this "gig" and did the job well. But I picture him listening to the playback with a room full of Disney execs congratulating themselves on a great kids show they've just made, and he's thinking, "Did I really just cut a song about bouncing bears and the secret of their Gummi Berry Juice?!"
-I'm going to require Dana to put her top 5 when she gets back from Nashville because she's so passionate about theme songs.
Which songs did I miss? (I know about Family Ties, and the "sha-la la laaaaahh" was iconic, but it just didn't have enough to edge Gummi Bears)
2 comments:
not really on topic but when is The Road coming out? I bought the book last summer, read about thirty pages, had to start studying for the bar, and put it down. I would like to finish it before the movie comes out.
To Ben - October.
To Dana - everyone keeps asking me about your top 5...my inbox is full.
Post a Comment